EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
August 13, 2010
Indonesian Association of Planners (IAP) – International Conference on
URBANIZATION IN CLIMATE CHANGE:
Spatial Planning as a Strategy Towards Resilient and Low Carbon Cities
19-20 October 2010, Jakarta, Indonesia
Final Call for Papers
In response to the growing global concern on climate change and its impact to the cities, and hope to formulating the near ideal solution to maintain and improve the sustainability of the cities, Indonesian Association of Planners (IAP) is pleased to present international conference with the theme “URBANIZATION IN CLIMATE CHANGE: Spatial Planning as a Strategy Towards Resilient and Low Carbon Cities”. This event is an initiative of the IAP in collaboration with Directorate General of Higher Education – Ministry of Education and Urban Studies Postgraduate Program UI (Universitas Indonesia), to be held on 19 – 20
October 2010 at
Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta.
The aim of the conference is to promote a stronger collaboration among practitioners, academicians, community leaders, public and
government officials, policy-makers, civic activists and other professionals from diverse disciplines and regions around the
in order to capture the benefits of urbanization, as well as mitigate and adapt to climate change and socioeconomic change and their
impacts. Its objective is to share and learn from international and local experiences regarding current issues, best practices and
policy implications of creative collaboration on spatial planning.
The following four suggested topic areas are
intended to guide your submissions; however, they should not be viewed as exclusive
1. Climate Change Impact to Urban Infrastructure, including the topic of housing and settlement; road and other transportation
infrastructure; social and economic facilities, and urban heritage building as well.
2. The Risk of Urban Coastal Community, including the topic of vulnerability of the coastal area, the risk of economic
activities, social behavior changes, and the lifestyle adaptation.
3. Planning tools for Resilient City (adaptation), including the topic of saving resources consumption, climate governance,
adapted community planning, and social capital for community resilience.
4. Planning tools for Low-Carbon City (mitigation), including the topic of public transportation system, energy saving,
green lifestyle, carbon emission, and re-urban design.
We expect the papers will come from the interdisciplinary approach which emphasize on integrating the spatial planning approach
to the climate change factors.
For further information please visit http://conference-iap2010.com/
* Participants with best papers are excluded from participation’s fee
* Papers selected for the conference will be given assistance for either national or international publications by the reviewers.
- Papers written in English shall be addressed for international publications
- Papers written in Indonesian shall be addressed for national publications
Further information please visit http://conference-iap2010.com/abstrak.php
Or send an email to [email protected]
Registration has been opened since July 20th.
Please visit http://conference-iap2010.com/registrasi.php to register for the International Conference on Urbanization in Climate Change.
Early bird registration (Before August 15th):
- General participants (IDR 300.000)
- Student (IDR 150.000)
After August 15th:
- General participants (IDR 500.000)
- Student (IDR 300.000)
Payment should be transferred to:
Bank Mandiri Cabang Jakarta-Tebet
Account No. 124-0095032018
on behalf of Ikatan Ahli Perencana
Send the payment slip to [email protected]
IAP International Conference 2010 on Urbanization in Climate Change:
Spatial Planning as A Strategy Towards Resilient and Low Carbon Cities